.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Saturday 1 August 2009

Muffin to lose

This muffin is criminal, right when i was relying on it the most. National rail once again have me by the balls because I want to travel the 60 or so miles from London to Didcot and feel that £20 is a fair price for a one way trip on crowded train that takes 45 minutes. Its not a fair price by anyones standards, but at least tonight I got a seat and the seat next to me is taken up by my bag and a bass guitar that is as much company as I really want right now. But this muffin, fuck man, all I wanted was something that might make me feel less like tonight was a big fucking lose. Does anyone else start spending the second they realise they have nothing left? Like once you have reached the bottom, you are finally free? After getting stung for a ticket that will in all likelihood never get checked on this journey I barely cared about the extortionate £2 for a honey and lemon muffin from some faux french cuisine outlet in Paddington station. This muffin is, quite easily, 4 days old. I know this because it crunched when I bit into the piece I wrenched off the top. That's the best bit! I would love to get off the train and slam it back onto their glass counter and tell them that despite missing my train and getting an overpriced ticket/muffin combo, I was not going to be taken advantage again tonight. I want them to eat this shit that they peddle to late night commuters who long for their bed and the conversation of someone other than a ticket robot. I want them to suffer the same disappointment that I felt. I want them to know that despite today being a massive ball-ache that this journey didn't have to be the massive kick in the groin that I didn't want. It could have been a quiet train and a nice muffin, a sip of water and an episode of Peep Show, but instead I am dying inside from this block of muffin scratching through my insides. I swear right now, I will never buy another item of food from a train station, and by my calculations, If I bought 4 muffins a year at £2 (not including inflation) then, if I live till 75, I could save just short of £200 in my life. Fuck you muffin, I'm practically rich because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages