.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Self-Promotion

I'm not comfortable in telling people about our band really. I'm not ashamed of anything we have done (except some of the very early gigs where, looking back, we were undeniably terrible) but I just don't like putting what we do in peoples faces. I'd rather people saw us at a show, or picked up our CD and then listened to it and liked it and then came to see us again. I imagine most bands are like that, except for the really cocky bands that you often see on Shut Up Bands. But we've been lucky so far, any sort of press we have had has been with people I either know and like, or people who have contacted us and been friendly with no agenda. There is an element of having to "play the game" in this country in order to get some serious attention on your band and so far we've avoided that almost entirely. These things aren't easy. Regardless, I am posting here some blatant self-promotion - I figure, you're on our website, you probably like our band (or hate us and read this out of some sort of self-hate or self-justification) and might want to read some more.

Shattered Glass Magazine did a feature on us (page 45) and Punknews reviewed our record

I feel like a sell-out now.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages