.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Thursday 1 October 2009

Negi.

Today my beard is itching my face and my throat is persistently dry. I cannot stop scratching my neck and drinking water. It's not helping. It's just one of those many days that I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. Some days my clothes just feel too close, or fingers feel slow. Maybe my potassium is low or something. Probably best if I eat pizza and ice cream tonight.

I spent all the money I didn't have on a new amp this week. Fingers crossed that when it gets here that it's as awesome as the Internet says it is. The internet wouldn't lie would it? Needless to say, our gigs are about to get a little louder. You might want to bring earplugs next time. I always get buyers remorse when handing over a lot of money for anything. I get paranoid that I have wasted my money, or that I should have researched harder or been wiser and saved smarter. I've never had much money saved up, so I always ping between getting-by and really-skint on a month by month basis and I'm getting sick of it. I'm going to have to get used to "really skint" for the next year or so now but the pay-off is that our band will sound slightly, if hardly noticeably, better. Probably. I'll start saving money after that. I promise.

Fuck, we got confirmed to play with American Steel next month. I didn't even have to hassle for that show. Once everyone hears my new amp we'll probably get a call from Bono or something asking us to come support them. Ben Weasel would be well happy about that. It's an interesting question though. Would you take your band on the road with U2 if you got asked to? Despite the fact that it would be the least "punk" thing you could ever do? Would turning down the chance to play for hundreds of thousands of people across the world be a good price to pay for the chance to keep your hands clean of the money made through massive labels and corporations in the world of music? Luckily, I'm pretty shit at guitar and so the odds of this situation needing any serious thought are slim.

Some serious talk now. Bangers have a new song. Its amazing, as usual. Almost more importantly though, Grade have a new song up on their myspace. It's incredible. I've been back onto Grade for a week or so now, basically just re-running Under The Radar over and over again. I actually got goosebumps whilst walking down Mare Street yesterday. I'm crossing everything for a UK tour and a new record. Maybe I should ask if they want to take us with them? They probably haven't heard about my new amp yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages