.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Overworked.

On Saturday we played two gigs in a day. I think it's the second time we have done it, but my memory isn't so good these days, so maybe we have done it a few times. Driving to Southsea for the first show saw us get caught up in hells traffic jam, where we sat almost motionless for the best part of two hours without having even left London. We never, ever learn. Driving in London is the worst experience possible at times, other than maybe that feeling you get when you realise you have left your wallet on the bus, or left the oven on the house. After the show we got straight back in the car and sped drove carefully to Dorking for the pre-fest show that was looking like the line-up of the year. I felt bad that we were at the first venue for less than an hour. I don't like doing that.

By the time we got to Dorking we had missed a bunch of awesome bands and everyone was completely hammered. The hours of car-time started easing off a bit whilst I hit up the offy. No-one is reading this for a review of the gig - it was unreviewable. The photos are probably circulating the interslice somewhere but needless to say, it was rowdy and semi-naked. What you want to know is "how awesome is your new amp"? Right? Well, its heavy. And not in a stoner-doom style heavyness. Its about the weight of me, in an angular corner-y configuration. PJ pretends he can lift it easy to make me look pathetic, but I can see his face go a little redder when he does. You don't fool anyone, Jonathan. But yeah, it sounded OK. It didn't start sounding awesome until we had a practice on Sunday and I had time to knob-tweak it into sounding "punchy and warm". So yeah, I love it now. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the internet now that I'm not spending hours looking up reviews on amps and whatnot. Maybe I should get into MMORPG's start commenting Youtube vidoes.

Pj played with us this weekend, so it was our first show as a 3 piece. Actually, thats a lie, Sam Russo played bass with us for a few shows when we toured with him. He only did one song with us, but it was well fun. We could probably trace the expansion of our band back to those gigs. Anyway, PJ is our Bassist now, and Joe is our drummer. I'll try to get some sort of "band photo" in black and white with us all looking awkwardly sideways and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages