.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Just catching up, really.

I’m completely OK with linking to stuff about us on the internet. I don’t care if it comes across as self-indulgent or self promotional. This is our website! We pay £25 a year for this site in the hope that some people will look on it, like our songs and come watch us make noise and talk shit. If I don’t link to stuff on the infoweb about us, its likely no-one will ever see it and know that at least someone else is willing to talk about our band. So here you go, two reviews. One of Fest, one of the American Steel show in London.

Fest review

London Gig Review

Speaking of American Steel, that band is sweet-as. They killed it in London and then killed it at Fest. I bumped into the singer on some street in Gainsville while in the process of bombing out and told him (possibly multiple times) that this time next year they will be too big to play a venue at Fest. I stand by that, although I do apologise to American Steel for being so drunk and disorderly. I hope they appreciated the sentiment. I planned to write a bit about Fest actually, but like the last tour we did, I sort of left it too late and now it seems like forever ago, lost in several drunken hazes and the worst flight of my life. What I can say is that I learned a valuable drinking lesson (pace myself, don’t drink gin if you intend to stay upright for more than a few hours and dear God, do not talk to people in bands who you respect when you are essentially the drunkest dude in Gainsville. Sorry Eric O Pioneers)

Anyway, I saw a ton of bands, we played a fun as hell show in the hottest room ever and best of all, Small Brown Bike played before us with an acoustic set. This is brilliant. I’m not sure how much this is common knowledge, but some shitty venues and shitty promoters ask you to apply to play their venues or nights and make you fill in a form stating details about your band and who you have played with and what tours you have done. If I ever feel like playing a badly promoted gig at a shitty venue for probably no petrol money again, I can now fill in the form and say “Small Brown Bike supported us”. That is worth it’s weight in….poop, probably. Personal highlights of fest were basically all the UK bands I saw and the dinner I had at the Reggae Shack. Marvelous.

After Fest was over and I had said goodbye to my new Fest buddies Kyle and Eric (who I happened to stumble into about 20 times across the Fest) we went and hung out in Clearwater, Florida for just under a week, which was also sweet-as. We swam with the Manatees in Crystal River and saw a real-life wild Armadillo (!) What a wild week.

If Tyskie made holidays, this would have been a right Tyskie of a holiday.

This was the temperature during our set. Thats 31 degrees C.

This is the view of all our sweet-asses from outside Flacos. Probably cooler out there, but not by much.

This is the end of todays blog. Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages