.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Friday 2 July 2010

Oberwart, Austria

The drive today was short and for some reason I wished it was longer. I like the peace in the van sometimes, shutting myself off into headphones and dozing along the motorways that weave through the the countries we fleetingly cruise through. I don't tend to look out of the windows enough - occasionally taking a look to the left of me reveals that we're somewhere beautiful, but equally often, that we are somewhere flat and uninspiring. I was only part of the way through the new Eminem record that I pirated when we arrived at Oberwart. The venue was large so winding my amp up was possible tonight and I thought everything sounded great out front. The mix of local bands and us meant a positive crowd that didn't entirely get lost in the large room and I was content after we played that things had gone about as good as they could have. We had an encore demanded off us, which is always a good sign. We finished on "Mabley Green" which we haven't been playing much on this tour and I enjoyed every second of it. The day off yesterday just made me itch to play tonight and for now, that itch feels scratched. I cannot wait to play again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages