.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Ljubljana, Slovenia
The 11 hour van trip went quickly, broken up by sights of the alps, the oppressive Italian heat and cheap food from rest stops. As we loaded in to the venue the hours in the van faded quickly into excitement - the venue was amazing and everyone we met was awesome and friendly. The squat has been running for some time now and is fairly established so I was itching to get going and play. The start time kept getting pushed back as not many people were there and things didn't even get going until well after 11pm. There was only a few people at the show and I was a bit bummed that we had driven so far and the show was hardly even promoted but we played well and I can say that I did my best. My mood passed while we strolled around the city till 3am and crashed back at the squat. We met a guy from Leicester who moved to Slovenia to be a dancer. He could do the robot and after seeing him bust some robotics at 2am in the centre of the capital, the whole day was redeemed.

Graz, Austria
The show was packed and the last few days of disappointment have moved to the back of my mind.  We stayed at Toms house who was in Antimaniax and everything right now is awesome for us. We don't play tonight, so we're taking some time to charge our phones, ipods and cameras while hanging with the dogs and being in awe of how great this house is and how friendly everyone we met has been. A really, really good day. I wish every show was run like this, we have been looked after beyond what I could ever expect and I would love to stay and hang out for longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages