.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Thursday 24 June 2010

Dijon, France

We got stung over 60 euros for toll roads today. It didn't help ease the 6 hour journey from Laval to Dijon at all. It was hot and stuffy in the back of the van and the longer I sit in the rearmost seat the less comfortable it feels. Still, France is beautiful and the view from the window is worth the discomfort. The bar was called "Deep Inside" and we played in the small basement with disco-ball style curtain behind the drums. It was hot in there too and I sweated my way through the show, powered by Hoegarden and feedback and I was happy with how we played. Everyone here is, without fail, friendly and willing to give our band all their attention and I'd love to stay a few more days to play some more dates here. My french is slowly improving too: Bon Soir, un Bier sil vous plait? Tomorrow we see Luke and play Tikis in Switzerland again and I cannot wait. The van is creaking on right-hand turns and it needs some work. Dan Postin wonders if we can complete the tour by just turning left. We are traveling anti-clockwise around Europe and so it seems like a possibility. I hope it doesn't become a necessity. A good day today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages