.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Friday 18 June 2010

The Homestead is closing

The Homestead is, as far as I know, being sold. What this means is that the UKs number one house/venue is closing and there will be no more shows there after this weekend. This is a sad, sad state of affairs and whilst I am gutted that it will be closing, I am really happy that not only did we get to play there a few times, but that everyone there feels like a friend and I always felt welcome there. So many good people have played there, so many good times. I can't think of anywhere with the same atmosphere and welcoming attitude.

The residents are having one last event this weekend and I really suggest going if you can. Not only will there be like 30 bands across 2 days, but it will be full of your best mates and the cheapest cider and cakes. Read more here: http://www.punktastic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=87584


We were asked to play, but so close to tour and with so many other last minute things we all have to do, we just couldn't make it happen. I hope someone manages to film this, but I'm not sure i want to know what I missed.

RIP Homestead.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages