.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Caen, France

The venue was downstairs from the bar, a dark, low-ceiling room with no stage and simple lights. It was just the kind of venue we've played so many times before and will probably play so many times again. Everyone we met was friendly and despite the language barrier I hope I managed to let them know how grateful I was for their hospitality in having us play there for them all. Pj speaks fluent french and so he takes care of the communication for us, both on and off-stage and appears to be hilariously funny when speaking in a language I cannot understand.  Simon, who put us on, treated us like kings and I cannot thank him enough. The 11 hour journey from Hackney to Caen started taking its toll around 1am when I felt my concentration and communication skills descended into shouting popular songs, but replacing the words with variations on Dan Postins name. I worry that this will be a trend for the next 16 days.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages