.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Thursday 10 June 2010

Top 5 flyers.

I have decided to share my top 5 flyers of all time that have our band name on them. This top 5 is not related to the show itself, but just to the flyer, and is in no particular order. Just to make it totally clear, I love cool flyers.


I think this poster for the pre-fest show in Dorking was done by Joe from Calvinball. Despite our band name being what appears to be last on this flyer, and clearly in smaller text than the Buvvems, I think this is awesome. Joes other stuff is here and you can usually see me playing shows with his art all over my shirts.


May lives in Leeds and has put us on a few times now. Her flyers are beautiful. Whenever I see awesome hand-drawn flyers like this I get really positive about the show - I figure no-one is going to do such a great flyer and then put on a half-ass show. Every show we have done in Leeds has been really fun without fail. She also makes a great cake. May for Mayor! Check her stuff here, including some more flyers with our name on (!)


 Lisa Lives in Swanage and seems to be a really prolific drawer. This poster was done as an "alternative" flyer to a show we were doing in Bournemouth because the official flyer was a pretty uninspired affair using a banksy image and "arial" text or some shit like that. It sucked. I love that you can literally see how much work and time has gone into this and it made playing a slightly awkward show a little easier on us that someone cared enough to do this for us. Needless to say, we rocked hard that night, for sure. Not that anyone in the crowd noticed. Lisa is awesome, check her shit here.


Dan Allen plays as Ducking Punches and has done a bunch of flyers and his own art for shows, records and whatnot. He is the guy who did the new Leagues Apart record too. This flyer was watercolour and ink on A3 and the original was being sold at the show. A great idea and awesome detail and stuff. I don't think Dan has a website, so go listen to his band instead.


Ema is my girlfriend and I think any accusations of bias are totally unjustified (!) when including this in my top 5 roundup. I freaking love this poster. Ema hasn't finsihed her website yet, but when she does, it will be here.

So thats my roundup of flyers and the artists behind them. I should also mention that Jamie from the Arteries does awesome art for shirts, flyers and posters, you should check his stuff out too: http://gotvitaminc.blogspot.com/

Peas.

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Got to say, I reckon Jamie will be a little heartbroken you left this out: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff258/straightedgepromo/24410_374012617595_513882595_381668.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Pages