.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 6 - On the A14 to Norwich

It seems stupid to keep a tour diary when we're driving only a few hours between shows in our home country and staying at, mostly, people we knows houses. There's something comforting but fairly risk-free about touring in the UK that doesn't keep me on my toes the same as I feel when we tour Europe and everything feels a little terrifying and home is more than an overnight drive away. I've eaten well, slept well and am wearing fresh clothes each day. The van smells ok and loading in and out each night has felt a little to easy. I don't feel like I'm on tour. I feel like I'm hanging out with my friends, old and new, and playing a show each night between bouts of sitting around swapping stories and discussing other shit that happened on other tours while PJ cooks. That said, and I realise that everything above might sound negative which I definitely don't intend, this tour has already been really good for us and fun beyond words. Its been an education watching Crazy Arm every night, they really are about as good as you can get and even their worst shows are better than most bands best. Every night after they play I want to jump back behind the monitors and do our set again. I am looking at everything we do as a band and trying to work out how we can make what we do a bit better, sound a little more defined and push us a little harder. I can't wait to get home and go over all our new songs and write parts that I can't play so that I can force myself out of my comfort zone and make things a little different whether we keep them or not. I'm excited about everything at the moment and I think these ten days is what we have needed for a little while to eek out a little more from ourselves. There's four shows left, Norwich, Leeds, London and Plymouth and I feel like we're just hitting our stride. I could keep this up, weather permitting, for much longer than ten days, although a few nights in my own bed would be awesome right now.

/ramble

Dan

Ps; if you bought something online from us over the last few days, its all being posted today or tomorrow. You'll have it by xmas, sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages