.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Thursday 30 December 2010

Happy new year

Hi.

I was going to wrap this year up by listing and describing my favourite shows that happened this year and I never finished that because it sounded like a whole bunch of backslapping of people who are my friends and it all sounded a bit cliquey. I'm not into that. The people who smashed it this year, well, I've already told them that I thought they were awesome. I know that when you tell someone they were awesome right after they played it can come across a little dishonest at times, other times it's just a horrible time to be starting a conversation while packing stuff away, but I hope those people know that what they have done has stayed with me.

For me, this year has been great, it's our first full year as a 4 piece and I feel happier and more content with what we are doing than ever before. We've played a lot of shows this year, been to Europe twice, been around this country more times than I can count and played with more than a handful of bands that I have a huge amount of admiration for. Next year we'll be putting out a full length (finally) and touring hard as usual and hope we can change things up a little and do a lot of new things, musically, and otherwise. I'll talk more shit here and tell everyone about gear and stuff like that, because that stuff is universally accepted as being awesome to discuss. Right?

I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who put us on this year, everyone who let us stay at their house, fed us, partied with us and mostly, everyone who came along to our shows and made sure we didn't just play to the bar-staff and the promoter. We've been there, it's not fun.  I also want to thank the bands we have toured with this year - Rooftops, Just Panic, Imadethismistake, Crazy Arm and Dan Postin for being the best dude I have met this year. Touring can be tricky, even at the best of times and I would do it all again with all of you.

I am rambling now, I feel I have too many people to mention and I have mostly said all this to people already so I'll leave it here.

I cannot wait to get back onto the road next year, see you all then.

Dan
x

ps: New website soon. Myspace is dead and I am abandoning it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages