.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Sunday 16 May 2010

K Fest was pretty oK.

Hi. This weekend was pretty fun. Angela and Alf (not sure how much input Alf had, but he's a dude anyway) put on K fest - a sort of semi-weekender across Friday and Saturday night in Kingston, just south of London. Dear Landlord played the Friday night and apparently sold out the Fighting Cocks and it was awesome. So I hear. I wasn't there, I went for dinner on a bus instead with Ema and got drunk instead. I know, I know, I missed a great show, but seriously, the Tofu stack from here is worth missing ringing ears and sweaty pits for. Dear Landlord are real good though, I hope you made it to a show. Or got drunk instead. Actually, I do not advocate drinking. Make your own bloody mind up.

So yeah, after last years K Fest went, well, pretty badly for us, I was more nervous than usual to play this weekend. It's somehow worse to fuck up on a proper stage with monitors and stuff than it is to fuck up playing a floor show. I guess real stages mean real bands and real bands don't fuck up. We didn't fuck up. At least not in any kind of major way. I was pretty happy about that. Someone filmed us playing Vicky Park and it's below. Can someone film us at a show and just focus on PJs feet? The guy is a windmill and headspin away from being a full-on dancer. He's got them happy feet.



So that was K fest, at least, the Apologies bit of K Fest. I should add right here that El Morgan stole the whole show and put on one of the finest performances I have ever seen by someone with a guitar. She's amazing, I don't think anyone said a word through her set.

Josh drummed for Calvinball because Conor is sick and in Brighton. He practiced for like 3 hours at home with the Calvinballs on his electric drumset and it sounded pretty cool considering the fact that they refuse to tune their guitars. After some serious Ipodding and drumming the air between bands, he went on to play real well. Maybe Calvinball should becoming a five piece? If Josh can't drum for them he could rap instead. Just a thought?

Anyway, thats all for now. OH YEAH! Pj fest is happening! Finally! Check this out!

Insane.

Dan
x
Apologiesihavenone.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages