.............News....Gigs....Music....Shop....Contact...........................................................................................................................................................

Thursday 20 May 2010

Re-arranging The Dust.



I like playing this song. We’ve been playing it now for probably almost two years and I think I’d be happy to play it every night, every single show, every time I got my guitar out. The first time we played it we were a two piece and, well, we were still getting to grips with playing with consistency and I remember breathing deep and my heart racing as we went to start the intro. It was in Oxford, near where me and Josh used to live, at the Wheatsheaf which is a tiny and awesome venue which was where I think I went to some of my earliest shows. It was at the time when we would play as well as we could, replicating what we had done so many times in practice, sort of hanging on as hard as possible not to make mistakes, focusing tightly on exactly what we were doing and we generally did pretty well at that. These days I feel a little more comfortable playing shows, my body seems to take over and I can actually concentrate on enjoying the feeling of playing, instead of gripping on till the moment we turn the amps off and pack up. This song, more than most that have survived in our set this long, is the one I notice that feeling with when playing.

This song is about my Mum who has Multiple Sclerosis and my Dad who is her carer and anchor.

Dan.

(thanks to Ian at strikeachorduk.blogspot.com for the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages